Saturday, March 21, 2015

If it doesn’t feel like love, then it is not of God.



Guy Finley: Instead of trying to protect ourselves from life events -- good or bad --, we must become willing to see what they are revealing to us about ourselves in that same moment. The unconscious love of dark or otherwise desperate (human) drama destroys spiritual possibilities by suffocating the soul with unseen self-love.

I get what I ask for; you get what you ask for. Now you say,
 'How can that be, I ask for a million dollars and I get fifty-nine dollars and twenty cents?'
We’re talking about inner asking and inner receiving, the invisible world within, the psychological world.
Your actual nature, whatever its level is, that level is what is asking out into the world, asking for things and you must get what you ask for because it's a circular action. Ah, that’s going to lead to some pretty shocking disclosures on our part and that’s exactly what we’re after. It's going to have to shatter, like a broken mirror, all your beliefs that you are a gentle person, an innocent person, a well-meaning person, and you can’t figure out why you get bopped by the world. Vernon Linwood Howard


I have invented the world I see. All I need do is recognize this and I am free. There is another way of looking at the world. I would look upon the world as it is, and see it as a place where the Son of God finds his freedom. When I see the world as a place of freedom, I realize that it reflects the laws of God instead of the rules I made up for it to obey. I will understand that peace, not war, abides in it. And I will perceive that peace also abides in the hearts of all who share this place with me. As I share the peace of the world with my brothers, I begin to understand that this peace comes from deep within myself. I begin to understand the holiness of all living things, including myself, and their oneness with me. ACiM
Psychotherapy is the only form of therapy there is. Since only the mind can be sick, only the mind can be healed. Only the mind is in need of healing. This does not appear to be the case, for the manifestations of this world seem real indeed. Psychotherapy is necessary so that an individual can begin to question their reality. Sometimes he is able to start to open his mind without formal help, but even then it is always some change in his perception of interpersonal relationships that enables him to do so. Sometimes he needs a more structured, extended relationship with an "official" therapist. Either way, the task is the same; the patient must be helped to change his mind about the "reality" of illusions. ACiM: PSYCHOTHERAPY: PURPOSE, PROCESS AND PRACTICE (supplement)

Here is one quick and simple test to determine the origin of anything you experience, so you can decide if you want to give it your attention or withdraw your attention:
If it doesn’t feel like love, then it is not of God.
If it is not of God, then it doesn’t exist.
If it doesn’t exist, then it has no power.
If it has no power, then it is not to be feared.
by Robin Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment