Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I AM PART OF A GREAT WHOLE and I LISTEN

SIXTH MEDITATION.
HUMANITY is one. I am living and loving, not for myself, but for the race. If I rise, I help to lift all about me, and if I fall, I drag others down. Loving thought, sent out, has a positive healing influence both on sender and recipient. We live the life of humanity, others in us, and we in them. We cannot be saved disconnected from relations. Our highest privilege and office is to be channels through which the divine life shall flow out to invigorate and inspire. The essence of salvation and of true healing is the death of selfishness. If the soul-currents do not course from within outwards, they sink in a deadly vortex. A son of God is one who breaks the chains of captives, opens prison-doors, and proclaims freedom. Giving out, or ministration, is the great and highest law, divine and human. Simple altruism sometimes heals because it lifts consciousness from the lower inharmonious self and turns it outward and upward. Thought sent out in loving waves never returns void. The race is one, and all lines of relationship converge in God. I heal and am healed.
I AM PART OF A GREAT WHOLE

Henry Wood’s Ideal Suggestion Though Mental Photography [1895]





SEVENTEENTH MEDITATION.

I GO into the silence and open my inner hearing to the "still, small voice." The sanctuary of soul is the "Holy of Holies;" the trysting-place of the divine and the human. The tribunal of God is at the soul-centre of man. The divine likeness is here unveiled. It is the "manger" where the Christ- consciousness comes to birth, while external discords are only the beasts of the stall. It is the angel who brings "good tidings of great joy." Here the resurrection takes place, when the stone of the lower self-consciousness is rolled away. Here is the divine affinity which feels its oneness with God. "The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: neither shall they say, Lo, here! or, there! for lo, the kingdom of God is within you. That kingdom includes wholeness, harmony, and health. The sun of righteousness arises with "healing in his wings.''
The Lord was not in "the wind." "the earthquake," nor "the fire," but in the "still, small voice." As we feel the PRESENCE, we receive an impress of its beauty and perfection.
I LISTEN

No comments:

Post a Comment