Friday, June 18, 2010

Prayer is the asking. Inspiration is the receiving. In meditation lies the power.

Whatsoever we fully commit to the Father to do, and affirm it is done, we shall see accomplished.
These, then, are the four comprehensive affirmations.
First:
God is life, love, intelligence, substance, omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence.
Second: I am a child or manifestation of God, and every moment His life, love, wisdom, power flow into and through me. I am one with God, and am governed by His law.
Third: I am Spirit, perfect, holy, harmonious. Nothing can hurt me or make me sick or afraid, for Spirit is God, and God cannot be sick or hurt or afraid. I manifest my real self through this body now.
Fourth: God works with me to will and to do whatsoever He wishes me to do, and He cannot fail.

Lessons in Truth H. Emilie Cady 1894 (Unity)

Those four affirmations catch the essence of the teachings of Phineas Quimby, Emma Curtis Hopkins and were known to Unity, Divine Science, Home of Truth and Religious Science. They are pretty much what the healers in the 1890's to early 1900's believed. As Dr. Ervin Seale said in a series of lessons entitled "The Quimby Writings" in February, 1981 at the Unity Village Chapel. "Healing was different then.".
There is no way to the acquirement of spiritual power except by that inward illumination and enlightenment which is the realization of spiritual principles; and those principles can only be realized by constant practice and application.THE WAY OF PEACE BY JAMES ALLEN (1907)

No comments:

Post a Comment