Saturday, November 7, 2009

Remembrance Day ….

For me, this year, will be the Saturday after.
A year ago on that day I helped spread someone's ashes in the spot they requested.

That's thinking outside of the box.

And they held onto their husbands ashes for over 20 years.
Until they could be together.
That's love.


A spot over looking a lake.
Their lake.
At their camp.


Life, so they say, is but a game and we let it slip away.
Love, like the Autumn sun, should be dyin' but it's only just begun.
Like the twilight in the road up ahead, they don't see just where we're goin'.
And all the secrets in the Universe, whisper in our ears
And all the years will come and go, take us up, always up.

A Course in Miracles teaches us:

“The goal establishes the fact that everyone involved in it will play his part in it's accomplishment.”. (Text,C17,VI,6.5)

and that

“You will recognize the outcome because you are at peace.”.
(Text,C17,VI,5.7)

Dreams, so they say, are for the fools and they let 'em drift away.
Peace, like the silent dove, should be flyin' but it's only just begun.
Like Columbus in the olden days, we must gather all our courage.
Sail our ships out on the open sea. Cast away our fears
And all the years will come and go, and take us up, always up.

When we are in doubt the course reminds us:
“I will direct you to wherever you can be truly helpful,
and to whomever can follow my guidance through you.”.
(Text, C4, VII, 8.8)

So, I wanna laugh while the laughin' is easy.
I wanna cry if it makes it worthwhile.
We may never pass this way again, that's why I want it with you.
'Cause, you make me feel like I'm more than a friend.
Like I'm the journey and you're the journey's end.

“The truly helpful are God's miracle workers,
whom I direct until we are united in the joy of the Kingdom.”.
(Text, C4, VII, 8.7)

We may never pass this way again.
We may never pass this way again.
(Lyrics by James Seals; music by James Seals & Dash Crofts, 1973)



What goal have you set?

When I took a hypnosis course on that last day the instructor recounted this story:
“When she completed a fire walk,
some years earlier,
her husband had grabbed her at the end and said:
“We did it!”.
They were married soon aferward.

Maybe marriage is about being able to sit back some day,
when all is said and done,
and being able to say:
“We did it!”.

No comments:

Post a Comment